The Insights Association is pleased to announce that the Southern California Chapter and the New England Chapter were named Chapters of the Year for 2019. Both chapters grew their membership, strengthened their financial position, provided innovative events and partnered with local Universities to engage and educate young insights professionals.
“It was an eventful, fun and productive year across our Chapter network and the accomplishments of SoCal and New England were truly exceptional,” commented Melanie Courtright, CEO of the Insights Association. “Many hours were dedicated by their Boards and many volunteers to accomplish important work. We appreciate them leading by example and for all they continue to do on behalf of IA members.”
Adding her congratulations, Alice Butler, senior vice president at M/A/R/C Research and IA Board director, commented, “It was an amazing year of delivering local opportunities for education, engagement, and innovation to accelerate and inspire our members’ professional success. Both winning Chapters richly deserve this honor.”
The Southern California Chapter focused on increasing member value and developing a sustainable path to long-term growth. These two initiatives resulted in:
• 6% boost in Chapter membership – achieved growth for the first time in two years.
• A profitable year with 22% cash reserve growth – largest growth in more than three years.
• Expanded programs and events by partnering with multiple associations including: Digital, PAPOR & WiRE; providing five events for their members and experienced a 20% increase in year-over-year net new attendees.
• Developed a Young Leadership Program – working with student groups at Cal Poly Pomona & UC Irvine to provide them with industry speakers and content and to raise awareness and recruitment for our association and the industry.
Entering 2019, the New England Chapter was struggling, but was eager to accept the challenge. The focus was on rebuilding the board, increasing member engagement and partnering with local universities and other associations to provide meaningful events. This focus resulted in:
• Chapter membership grew by 10% in 2019 – thanks to four membership initiatives which included a new process for welcoming new members, cleaning and expanding distribution lists and improving communication and outreach by adding committee volunteers.
• A profitable year with now more than one year of operating expenses in reserves.
• Exceeded the educational and networking hours requirement by partnering with local universities and other organizations to provide a total of 10 in-person events across five cities in three states.
• Developed and hosted Insights Boot Camps for young professionals at Suffolk University.
The Insights Association is proud to acknowledge the significant accomplishments and contributions of the Southern California and New England Chapters – winners of the 2019 Chapter of the Year Award.
Press ReleaseBusinessSouthern California & New England Chapters Share Honor